These pictures are of models I have build over the years.
Old Models. These pictures are the models my brother and I built since we were about 10 and 8 years old respectively.
The period is from 1985 until about 1992 when I stopped building.
Miscellaneous Models. Smaller model projects - 2003 onwards.
1. Dump Truck. I designed and built it using only the parts from the Master construction set.
It was the first model I built after a 9 year break!
2. Steam Roller. I built this model freelance, without referencing any pictures or designs.
It was controlled with the infra red controller and could turn, drive forwards/backwards.
3. Skid Steer Loader. I designed this model off of the Caterpillar skid steer loader.
It was controlled with the infra red controller and could turn, drive forwards/backwards and lift/raise the shovel.
4. KettenKraftRad. "Tracked motorcycle". I built this off pictures I found on the web.
5. Fokker DVII. I built this from plans I found at : Chris Bourne's site : The Meccano model library.
6. Diesel locomotive. I built this loosely based off pictures of the Amtrak locomotive.
I compiled a model plan of the loco at: The Meccano model library.
7. Steam Shovel. This is the model plan 19a. I used the Meccano SP3 steam engine in it.
It is also converted to run with an electric MO motor.
8. Double Ferris Wheel. This is the model plan 33a. I used a Mamod SE3 steam engine to drive it.
9. Special Edition Loco. After a long wait, it finally arrived.
10. Workshop. A model workshop using a Mamod steam engine and Mamod/Wilesco machinery.
11. Skip Truck. A model based on a plan of a Eurotruck designed by Tony Parmee, with many mods.
12. Tug Boat. A model built from a plan by Jim Picton.
The model plan can be downloaded from http://mypage.uniserve.com/~jpicton/jp-tug-1.htm
13. Traveling Gantry Crane. This is the model plan 24. It is fully radio controlled with a 2 channel radio.
14. Blaw Knox Bulldozer. This model was built from the model plans No57.
15. Wabco Mining Truck and Kenworth Trucks. This model was built from a model found on Spanner by Philip Webb.
16. Face Shovel. Originally built by Patrick Lewis and rebuilt by John Bader.
17. Bell Scrapyard Runner. Based off pictures and schematics of a BELL 225A Logger.
18. Cowans Sheldon 50 Ton Electric Dockyard Crane. A model plan published on the web by Michael Adler.
The model plan can be downloaded from : http://users.actcom.co.il/meccano
19. QL Bedford Fire Tender. A model built from the design posted on Spanner by George Illingworth.
20. Traveling Bucket Dredger. A copy of Geoff Bennett's adapted Supermodel #5.
21. Giant Dragline. This is the model plan 27. It is fully radio controlled.
22. Crawler Crane. Mike Edkins Designed, built and published the modelplan of his tracked crawler crane.
23. Automatic Box Filling Machine. Model of the Month featured in Meccano Magazine January 1958.
24. Compact DockSide Crane. Compact Dockside Cape Town Crane designed and built by Colin Cohen of Cape Town.